There are different types of containers according to the type of merchandise of your exports or imports. Here you can analyze the container that best fits the needs of your shipment.
1. Containers standard: There are 2 types of containers, 20 ft and 40 ft. 20 ‘ standard container, also known as dry van, is the most widely used internationally. You can take almost any load, thanks to its versatility. This container has a capacity of maximum gross weight of 24 tonnes. For general applications and solid load. The 20′ container is 6 meters long by 2.4 metres wide. 40’ container is 12 meters long by 2.4 metres wide.
2. High-Cube container: Container high cube 40 ‘ is a go standard 40 ‘ with an extra foot in height. Standard 40 ‘has a height of 8.5’, then the high cube 40 ‘ measures 9.5’ high, this is an increase of 13% of their cubic capacity internal.
3. Open Top container: Open top containers were developed for certain loads that are not suitable to be introduced by the door. They are used to transport goods that will not spoil if they are exposed. Without a roof, the load is stowed through the roof. The open top container is built on two basic dimensions: 20′ (6 m) and 40′ (12 m).
6. Reefer container: Refrigerated containers are developed to meet the ever-increasing environmental requirements. To load frozen or refrigerated, ideal to transport the majority of perishables, with ranges from – 30 to + 50 degrees. There are containers of 20 feet (6 meters) and 40 feet (12 meters) with doors at one end and a unit of cooling built into one end.
7. Pallet containers: Container flat rack are designed for loads with jagged edges, with dimensions ranging more than internal measures of dry containers. They come in three different models: with fixed front panels, without front panels, and folding front panels. The latter may vary in their methods of lifting and bending their front panels through the use of special springs and fixtures.
8. Ventilated container: Container vented 20 ‘ is designed for specific loads that can not suffer abrupt changes of temperature, due to their level of moisture. Two sets of fans on each side of the container, in the ceiling and floor and acting all over the container, moist warm air flows through the roof vents while fresh air flows inside through the lower vents.