Export and Import Procedures
Export and Import Procedures
When a company decides to export or import goods, must take into account various aspects before starting the procedures.
- Internal structure unsuitable for export. It is common to find managers of companies assume that if your business operates in its home market will work the same way in other countries. Undertake an internationalization project requires a thorough preliminary study carried out by experienced professionals and should be entrusted to people who dominate the export mechanics. If not identify the profile within our company, you can add or outsource.
- Misidentification of the market you are going. It is essential to analyze the peculiarities of the market in which the company has raised landing and specificities (cultural and social) of the target audience you are going to run the product.
- Logistics and transport of goods. In the process of internationalization is necessary to define the most effective way of transporting the product and consider issues such as tariffs, customs and load changes, as in shipping. Transport insurance to shield any damage or loss of merchandise are also essential.
- Beware documentation. Much of the setbacks in the delivery of goods produced in the customs. Thoroughness in preparing the commercial invoices and delivery notes is essential. Basic to consider as charge VAT on exports outside the euro zone issues, avoid delays in deliveries.
- Adapting products to the local market. In many cases companies fail to adapt its product to the target market. A typical product in Spain can be considered in the same range in another country. Therefore, it is essential to develop market research to help us understand how we adapt the name, presentation, distribution and even the price of the product that we want to export.
- Permits and licenses. No notice the potential barriers of entry or export licenses they need some products can cause delays in deliveries of orders. Confirm that distributors with whom we have partnered have all the permits to introduce the product in the target market licenses and is key to ensuring the success of the process.
- Translation. In the process of entry into other markets, the language is key. We must ensure that we have skilled interpreters for each of the steps we must take, from having potential local partners to draft or review contracts and warranties.
- Currency. It is a fundamental issue that companies tend to underestimate it really has. When operating in different markets, there is an exchange risk because currencies do not have a constant value. This fact further increases due to the volatility affecting the currency markets and experts predict it will continue in the coming months. To cover this risk companies have two basic tools at your disposal: the secure exchange and currency options. These products allow no ballast profit when selling our products abroad.
- Mispricing. Disregarding the implicit costs (transport, logistics, tariffs, distributor, etc) in the export operation or not properly calculate the shipping costs to the allocation price for its products in the country of destination can impact Located in the income statement of the company. Market research and price comparisons and impact rigorously additional costs in the final price is essential to make the project profitable.
- Extrapolate the success of one country or another. Sometimes entrepreneurs tend to trust and transfer the successful model of your product from one market to another. However, it is essential to note that economic or cultural differences can be key when implementing a business model in other markets.